Gorilla Habituation In Rwanda : A number of travellers that are interested in watching the mountain gorillas in Africa choosing Rwanda as a gorilla trekking destinations in Africa which will ensure you have the most rewarding safari experience in Rwanda as you watch the mountain gorillas. A number of travellers that are interested in gorilla trekking in Rwanda are not aware of the fact that gorilla habituation in Rwanda is carried out in Volcanoes national park however the activity is not open to travellers which is the case for Uganda where travellers can participate in the gorilla habituation process as they accompany a group of researchers to the gorilla family that is under the habituation process.
Gorilla habituation in Rwanda is involves researchers and trainers to make their way to the gorilla family that are under the training session to get accustomed to human presence so that they are ready for gorilla trekking in Rwanda. To be quite different from gorilla trekking in Uganda where travellers accompany the researchers and trainers as they train the species to get accustomed to human presence. Gorilla habituation in Rwanda is not open to the travellers therefore is it important to say travellers cannot participate in gorilla habituation in Rwanda.
For travellers interested in participating in gorilla habituation in Africa then you can participate in gorilla habituation in Uganda which will lead you to the gorilla family that is under the habituation process to get accustomed to human presence. Gorilla habituation in Uganda will give you access to the gorilla families for one hour which will help you understand more about the authentic reactions of the species as they are trained to get accustomed to human presence. A gorilla habituation permit can be obtained at a price of 1500USD which will give you an amazing safari experience that will lead you to the species that will give you the chance to spend four hours with the species in the wild.
For gorilla safaris in Rwanda, you will only participate in gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park which lead you to the Virunga mountains in Rwanda that is mount muhabura, mount sabyinyo, mount karisimbi, mount gahinga, mount karisimbi and mount bisoke which will give you access to the already habituated gorilla families that are accustomed to human presence. With the gorilla trekking families in Rwanda, you will get to spend an hour with them understanding a number of their rewarding features for a memorable safari experience.
Among the different features that you will get to observe include how the species co-exist with one another, you will get to watch the dominant species the silver back and how protective they are to their gorilla family. You will also get to watch the juveniles grooming one another for lice and other insects. You will also get to observe how the species are able to co-exist with one another by constructing their nests among other features.
Rules and regulations for gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- Avoid smoking in the presence of the gorillas to avoid spreading a number of diseases to the species that can affect their sustainability in the wild.
- Avoid making unnecessary movement in the presence of the gorillas
- You should also avoid petting the infants to avoid being charged at by the adult gorillas
- You should also avoid littering in the park during your gorilla trekking experience to avoid
- You should avoid eating in the presence of the gorillas because it can lead them to attack you to eat something.
- You should also avoid using flash mode in the presence of the gorillas while taking pictures of the gorillas in the wild.
- You should ensure that you maintain a distance of 7 metres away from the gorillas to avoid spreading disease to the species.