The gorilla safaris in Uganda are among the top safaris that you can embark on in the country if you’re interested in exploring more about the mountain gorillas in Africa. Uganda is among the top visited countries in Africa for travellers interested in watching the gorillas and in this article we are going to help you understand more about the endangered species as you participate in Gorilla safaris in Uganda. Continue reading the article below and let us help you understand more about the gorilla safaris in Uganda from the different activities that you can participate in what is involved, the price of the activities
While participating in the gorilla safaris in Uganda, you will get to take part in gorilla trekking in Uganda which will lead you to the habituated gorilla families in Uganda. the activity will lead you to Mgahinga national park where you will get to access to the habituated gorilla families in Uganda by hiking the Virunga mountains in Uganda that is mount muhabura, mount gahinga, mount muhabura and mount sabyinyo. Travellers can also participate in gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park which will lead you to the four sectors of the park that is Nkuringo, Rushaga, Ruhija where you will access the habituated species.
With your gorilla trekking experience in Uganda, you will have the opportunity to access the species for one hour observing a number of rewarding features of the species as the guide gives all the information about the species in the wild. You can ask as many questions as possible about the species because the guide is knowledgeable and will ensure you have the most rewarding primate safaris in Uganda. A gorilla trekking permit in Uganda can be obtained at a price of 700usd.
While participating in the gorilla safaris in Uganda, you can participate in Gorilla habituation in Uganda and it is the only destination where travellers can get to participate in gorilla habituation where travellers where you will get to accompany a team of researchers who you will observe how the species are trained to get accustomed to human presence. The gorilla trekking experience in Uganda takes about 2 years for the species to be introduced to human presence. A gorilla habituation permit in Uganda can be obtained at a price of 1500USD which will give you access to the species for four hours which is longer compared to gorilla trekking in Uganda which will only give you access to the species for only hour hence making the activity much more rewarding.
After obtaining your gorilla permits in Uganda, you can then make your way to the species by liking through the dense vegetation cover of the Virunga mountains and the impenetrable forests of Bwindi impenetrable national park which will lead you to Half of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas that yu will get to see in their natural habitat.
Rules and regulations for gorilla trekking
- You should ensure you maintain a distance of 7 metres away from the species to ensure that you do not disturb the species as they carry out their daily activities in the wild.
- You should avoid petting the infants when you get in contact with them to avoid being attacked by the adults in the wild for a safe safari experience in the wild.
- You should avoid making unnecessary movements and noise in the presence of the species.
- Avoid eating in the presence of the gorillas to avoid the species from attacking you to eat
- You should avoid making eye contact with the gorillas in the wild.
- You should avoid taking pictures of the species using flash mode to avoid the species from attacking you because the species are light sensitive.