How Many People Participate In Gorilla Trekking In Africa : The gorillas are endangered species whose numbers are closely monitored to avoid their extinction which has led to the different gorilla trekking destinations in Africa to come up with a number sustainable ways to ensure that the numbers are not affected in the long run it has also affected the number of people that are able to participate in gorilla trekking in Africa. the number of people that are permitted to visit a particular gorilla family is 8 people and these will have access to the species for one hour. However, if a traveller is interested in visiting a gorilla family solo with only a knowledgeable guide and an armed ranger without the company of other trackers, they will have to purchase all the gorilla permits for the people that are permitted to participate in the gorilla trekking experience and access a gorilla family which is quite memorable because it will give you privacy and get more opportunities to observe the species in the wild for a rewarding safari experience without any interference.
Packing list for gorilla trekking
· A camera should be packed for you to take beautiful pictures of the species as they carry out their daily activities in the wild.
· Insect repellent can also be carried to avoid being bitten by bugs in the wild like the mosquitoes, tsetse flies that can attack you and cause irritation with their bites.
· The perfect hiking shoes should be carried to aid in hiking the different trails in the parks to ensure you have a comfortable safari experience.
· Rain jacket should also be packed because it can rain at any given time of the dy because of the fact that the forests are rain forests in the different national parks.
· You should also pack some sunscreen especially when you participate in the activity during the dry season.
· You can also carry binoculars because you will get the chance to watch a number of bird species that will make your safari experience quite rewarding.
· On the day of your gorilla trekking experience, you should carry some packed lunch because it is energy consuming and it can be energy draining. It is because it can be carried out within 3-8 hours.
Where to participate in gorilla trekking
With gorilla trekking in Africa, you will get access to the habituated gorilla families which will give you access to the different gorilla types in the wild. Among the easily accessible gorilla species that can be seen include the mountain gorillas and the eastern lowland gorillas.
The mountain gorillas in Uganda can be seen by participating in gorilla trekking in both Bwindi impenetrable national park and gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park which will give you access to the habituated species and the mountain gorilla in Congo by participating in gorilla trekking in Virunga national park, a park that is famous for mountain Nyiragongo that erupted in 2020 and also important to note is the fact that Congo is the cheapest gorilla trekking destination in Africa with the most affordable gorilla trekking permit in Africa.
You can also watch the mountain gorillas a you participate in gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park for a memorable gorilla trekking in Rwanda which will lead you to the Virunga mountains in Rwanda where you will access the habituated gorilla families. Also important to note about Rwanda is the fact that it is the most expensive gorilla trekking destination ion Africa however it has the most rewarding facilities which will make your stay quite comfortable and memorable in the wild.
You can also participate in gorilla trekking in Kahuzi biega national park which will lead you to the eastern lowland gorillas in Congo to help you observe a number of their rewarding features to make the experience quite fulfilling.