Travel Guide For Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda 2022 : Gorilla trekking in Rwanda is the most rewarding tourism activity that you can participate in for an amazing experience during your Rwanda safari. For gorilla trekking in Rwanda 2022 you will have an amazing experience hiking through the Virunga mountains in Rwanda in order to access the habituated gorilla families in Rwanda as you hike mount Muhabura, mount Gahinga, mount Sabyinyo, mount Karisimbi and mount Bisoke that will not only lead you to the habituated gorilla families but also give you the chance to see a number of attractions like the different bird species like the Albertine endemic species, a number of migratory species from Europe and many other attractions in the park like the blue turaco, Ross’s turaco, coqui Francolin, long tailed cisticola, bubbling cisticola, Miombo wren warbler, Chubb’s cisticola for an amazing gorilla trekking in Rwanda 2022.
What involves in gorilla trekking in Rwanda?
After you have obtained your gorilla trekking permit at a fee of 1500USD from a trusted tour company or from the Rwanda development board the tourism board of Rwanda where you can also obtain permits for chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe national park, the boat cruise on Lake Ihema, the game dives in Akagera national park among other tourism activities in Rwanda.
During gorilla trekking in Rwanda, you will hike the Virunga mountains in Rwanda to get to the habituated gorilla families in Rwanda and when you get to the gorilla families, you will spend one hour observing their behaviour in the wild like how they co-exist with one another, social hierarchy, their diet, how they take care of their young ones among other interesting features about the endangered primates. During your experience you will get to see the adult females feeding the infants in the gorilla group interesting about the adult females is the fact that in order to conceive, they have to entice the males into having sex with them and this involves them slapping the ground, smacking their lips and many other tactics in order to get the attention of the dominant silver back the general overseer of the group who has all the mating rights with the females which is one of the reasons why the females are aggressive towards one another thus Travel Guide For Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda 2022.
More about the gorillas will be explained to you by the guide who will also be able to answer your queries about the gorillas. The guide comes with the permit and you will also have access to an armed ranger who will help you to have a safe activity in the park to avoid a number of accidents in the park.
Packing list for gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- Binoculars should not miss out among the items you park for your gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda because of a number of bird species that can be seen as you hike through the forests, you will also get to see a number of views like the twin lakes in Rwanda, lake Burera and lake Ruhondo, rewarding views of lake Kivu.
- A camera should also be carried to take pictures of the primates in their families as you observe their different features that make them outstanding for instance the gorillas can be differentiated from one another by their nose prints because they are quite different.
- Perfect hiking shoes will help you hike through the forests in the park in order to have an amazing experience without getting any disturbances while hiking through the forests on the Virunga mountains in Rwanda.
- Long trousers and long sleeved shirts will help to protect you from being scratched by branches and pricked by nettles which will make your activity quite un-comfortable but with the perfect shoes the activity will give you the most rewarding experience in the park.
- Although its optional, you can carry your birding checklist because there are a number of bird species in the country for an amazing experience in the park.
There are a number of destinations for gorilla trekking in Africa where you will have the chance to see the different gorilla types like the lowland gorillas in Congo that can be seen when you participate in gorilla trekking in kahuzi Biega national park, you can also get to see the mountain gorillas when you participate in gorilla trekking in Virunga national park the home to the recently erupted mount Nyiragongo, gorilla trekking in Uganda where you can watch the habituated gorilla families when you participate in gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park, you can also participate in gorilla habituation in Uganda in the park and gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park for the most rewarding gorilla trekking experience in Africa.