Travel Guide for Gorilla Trekking in Uganda 2022 : Before you plan for your gorilla trekking safaris in Rwanda 2022, there are a number of factors you should consider for instance where to take part in gorilla trekking given the fact that the activity can be carried out in two destinations, you should also consider the packing list for the items to carry with you for you to have an amazing gorilla trekking experience in Uganda. Gorilla trekking in Uganda is among the most memorable activities that you can choose to take part in for the most memorable experience during your Uganda safari. The activity can be carried out in Mgahinga national park where you can access the habituated gorilla families in Uganda by hiking the Virunga mountains in Uganda like mount gahinga, mount muhabura and mount sabyinyo. You can also take part in gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park where you will access the families by hiking through the four sectors of the park that is Nkuringo, Rushaga, Ruhija and Buhoma.
Where to access the gorilla trekking permit in Uganda
You can access the gorilla trekking permit in Uganda by visiting the Uganda wildlife Authority the tourism authority where you can access a number of permit for the different tourism activities in Uganda like chimpanzee trekking in Uganda, permits for birding in Uganda, game drives in Uganda and a number of activities.
The permits can also be accessed from the tour operator or a trusted tour company around the country and this will give you access to a well-trained guide who will give you all the relevant information about the gorillas for instance you will have the chance to understand how friendly gorillas are, you will get to understand the mountain gorilla reproduction, you will understand their diet and many other interesting features of the gorillas and in case you have any questions concerning the gorillas, the guide will be attentive to answer all your questions to ensure that you have the most memorable experience during gorilla trekking in Uganda 2022. During the activity, the permit will also give you access to an armed ranger whose duty in the park is to protect you against any vicious animal attacks in the park to avoid accidents during the activity thus Travel Guide for Gorilla Trekking in Uganda 2022.
Packing list for gorilla trekking
- A camera is among the items you should not forget packing during your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda because there are a number of rewarding views that you will get to see when you hike to the gorillas like the different bird species for instance an the long-crested eagle handsome Francolin, Rwenzori Batis Dusky turtle love, paradise flycatcher, archer’s ground robin, African Rwenzori, double collared sunbird, marsh harrier, Ruwenzori turaco, common moorhen Ruwenzori night jar, grey throated tit, the dusky crimson wing, red-faced woodland warbler d when you get to the gorillas you will take pictures of the gorilla families and their settings for the best Uganda gorilla trekking tours in Bwindi.
- Insect repellent should also be carried during your gorilla trekking because the parks are a home to a number of disease spreading insects that can cause irritation with their bites.
- Long trousers and long sleeved shirts that will help to protect you from being scratched by a number of poisonous branches that can cause irritation and also avoid being bitten by insects like mosquitoes.
- You should also carry binoculars because the parks are a home to a number of bird species like species from the Guinea-Congo forest biome, Albertine rift endemic species, that will give you the most amazing birding experience in the country. If you participate in the activity in both national parks, you are likely to watch over 100 bird species to make your experience quite memorable.
- The perfect hiking shoes should also be carried because the activity can become very challenging as you hike the mountains tend to become slippery making movement quite difficult but with the perfect hiking shoes it will enable you to have the most comfortable experience in the park which will give you the most amazing experience during gorilla trekking in Rwanda 2022.
Aside from gorilla trekking in Uganda, there are a number of activities during your Uganda safaris that you can take part in for the most memorable experience and these include; gorilla habituation in Bwindi impenetrable national park which will give you the chance to observe how gorillas are trained to get accustomed to human presence, you can also take part in visiting the sipi falls Uganda for the most relaxing adventure after you visit mount Elgon National Park, you can also visit queen Elizabeth national park and watch the tree climbing lions in Uganda, you can also participate in the boat cruise in queen Elizabeth national park among other interesting activities in Uganda for an amazing adventure in the country.