2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari
2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari: Do you want to see the majestic mountain gorillas in Uganda but have a busy schedule? If so, then this 2 Day gorilla trekking safari in Uganda is the best option for you. The 2 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari takes you Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. For these 2 days Uganda gorilla safari, your trip will start and end in Kampala, Uganda.
Highlights of the 2 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Day 1: Pick Up from Kampala & Transfer to Bwindi
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi & Transfer back to Kampala
Day 1: Pickup from Kampala & Transfer to Bwindi.
- Pickup & Transfer to Bwindi: On day 1 of your 2 days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari, our company guide/driver will pick you up from your hotel in Kampala. You will then transfer to Bwindi national park with a stopover at the equator monuments at Kayabwe, where you can take some pictures and visit some of the craft shops in the area. You will have lunch at Igongo cultural center in Mbarara and later proceed with your drive to Bwindi. When you arrive in Bwindi, you will check into your respective lodge for dinner and an overnight.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi & Transfer back to Kampala.
- Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi: Have breakfast very early at you lodge as your guide will pick you up at 6am. You will embark on a short journey to the Parks headquarters in Buhoma. You are supposed to be at Buhoma at exactly 7am for a briefing by the park’s head ranger which will begin at 8am and then you will be put in groups of 8 individuals per group depending on the gorilla group you are going to track. Tracking begins at exactly 8:30 am hence endeavor to always keep time.
- Bwindi Impenetrable national park has a total of 459 habituated gorillas which can be tracked by visitors in groups of not more than 8 members per group. There are 18 habituated gorilla groups in Uganda of which 15 are available for tourists to track. These gorilla groups can be tracked from four trailheads. Of these 15 habituated gorilla groups, 3 are found in Buhoma area in the northwest part of the park; while 4 gorilla groups are situated in Ruhija in the eastern part of Bwindi and 8 gorilla groups in Nkuringo and Rushaga respectively, located south of Bwindi.
- Each tracking group consists of strictly eight individuals with each group having a park guide and ranger. Tracking can take about 1- 6 hours depending how easily and quick the gorillas are spotted. Once you have located a gorilla group, you will be give exactly an hour with them; hence you should maximize your time well and don’t forget to take lots of pictures without using your camera’s flash. The tracking trails can be very wet, steep and slippery thus you should wear a good pair of hiking boots. Have your lunch and later return to base where you will find your guide/driver waiting for you. You will then drive back to Kampala.
- Transfer back to Kampala: Your guide/driver will transfer you back to Kampala where upon your arrival in the city, you will be dropped off a hotel of your choice. This marks the end of your 2 days Uganda gorilla trekking safari with us! End of Tour.