4 days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking and Lake Bunyonyi
4 days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking and Lake Bunyonyi: 4 days in Uganda to visit the main attractions of the southern part of the country. Get to visit the mountain gorillas of Bwindi impenetrable forest National park with a culture visit and a day at the famous lake Bunyonyi. This tour starts and ends in Kigali Rwanda and can be booked any day.
Trip highlights of the 4 days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking and Lake Bunyonyi
- Mountain gorilla trek
- Lake Bunyonyi boat cruise
- Community culture experience
Day 1: Drive to Bwindi impenetrable forest National park
- 4-hour road transfer to Bwindi impenetrable forest from Kigali: Depending on the time agreed for pick up, your guide will be waiting to welcome you and transfer you to your hotel in Bwindi. If you have an early pickup, then you will get some time to take on the Kigali city tour visiting the Kimironko market and the Kigali Genocide memorial center and have lunch. Drive to cross into Uganda via the Katuna border and connect to your home for the next 2 nights. You will be welcomed with a glass of juice and settle in as you wait for dinner.
Accommodation options in Bwindi include:
- Buhoma community centre for budget
- Buhoma haven lodge for midrange
- Buhoma lodge for luxury
Day 2: Mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable forest National park
- Trek mountain gorillas in Bwindi: Gorilla trekking is a very popular activity done in Bwindi forest, Virunga forest and Volcanoes national park. This is a major highlight in the trip. After breakfast and grabbing your lunch packs, you will be driven to the park headquarters for a briefing before you enter the forest in search of the gorillas. Trek for about 2 to 7 hours to enjoy your allotted 1 hour with the gorilla family at a standard 6 meter distance. After your gorilla trek, you will have your driver-guide waiting to take you back to your hotel to rest. If you still feel strong enough, you will drive to a community for the cultural experience but ensure to be back to your hotel in time for dinner. Spend your second night at the hotel as the previous night.
Day 3: Visit to Lake Bunyonyi
- 1 hour drive to Lake Bunyonyi: Have breakfast at leisure then check out of your hotel and meet your guide who will be waiting to drive you to Lake Bunyonyi for the rest of the trip. You will arrive in time for lunch which you will either have at the lake shores or your hotel.
- Afternoon boat cruise on Lake Bunyonyi: In the afternoon, you will connect for a boat trip on the Lake bunyonyi with a knowledgeable guide who will share the history of one of Africa’s deepest lakes. The boat trip will be a 2 hour boat cruise. Drive back to your hotel for dinner and first night in Bunyonyi
Accommodation options in Bunyonyi include:
- Travellers rest camp for budget
- Bunyonyi Safaris resort for midrange
- Arcadia lodge for luxury
Day 4: Drive back to Kigali via Katuna border
- 2 hour road transfer: This is the last day of this safari where you will drive back Rwanda. Have your breakfast and check out of the hotel. If you have time, you may spend the day at the lake shores but connect back to Kigali in time for drop off at your hotel or airport as you will advise.
End of the 4 days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking and Lake Bunyonyi
Trip quote includes:
- Full time fueled safari vehicle
- English/ French speaking driver guide
- Accommodation as indicated above
- Mountain gorilla permit
- Lake Bunyonyi visit
- Meals on the safari
- Bottled water
Trip quote excludes:
- Optional activities
- International fares
- Rwanda visa
- Personal needs like airtime, laundry, gratuities, porters, alcohol.