Chimpanzee habituation in Uganda is among the notable primate safaris in Uganda that travellers can participate in to enjoy a number of rewarding features of the primates in the wild which will help you understand more about their behaviour in the wild for a memorable safari experience. Chimpanzee habituation in Uganda will lead you to Kibale national park the primate hub of Uganda where you will get to watch 14 primates the chimpanzees inclusive that you will get to observe in large numbers for a rewarding safari experience.
Chimpanzee habituation is quite different from chimpanzee trekking in Uganda which involves travellers tracking the already habituated chimpanzee troops in the wild. chimpanzee habituation as an activity involves travellers visiting the chimpanzee troops that are under the habituation process that will give you the opportunity to watch how the researchers and trainers train the species to get accustomed to human presence. Interesting about the activity is the fact that you will get the opportunity to also engage in the habituation process which will give you authentic reactions of the species in the wild as they get trained to get accustomed to human presence.
For travellers interested in participating in chimpanzee habituation in Uganda, you have to obtain a chimpanzee habituation permit at a price of 1500USD which will lead you to the habituated chimpanzee troops in the wild that you will get to observe a number of rewarding attractions for a memorable safari experiences. With the habituation permit in Uganda you will have access to a knowledgeable guide and the guide who will give you all the relevant information about the species in the wild, an armed ranger who will protect you during the safari experience.
PACKING LIST FOR CHIMPANZEE HABITUATION
- You should consider packing some insect repellent because the park is home to a number of disease spreading insects like the mosquitoes and tsetse flies
- You should also consider packing the best hiking boots to aid in easy movements as you hike through the forest
- Pack a camera that will ensure you have an amazing safari experience which will help you capture the beautiful pictures of the species in the wild.
- You should also consider packing some long sleeved shirts and trousers to avoid being scratched by nettles.
- You should also consider packing your binoculars because you will get access a number of different bird species that will make your experience quite memorable. Some of the different bird species that can be seen include; Pockefellers’s sun bird, Chapin’s flycatcher, Rwenzori Batis, strange weaver, red throated alethe blue turaco, Ross’s turaco, coqui Francolin, long tailed cisticola, bubbling cisticola, Miombo wren warbler, Chubb’s cisticola
Other activities that you can embark on to make your primate safaris in Uganda quite memorable include;
Gorilla trekking in Uganda that will lead you to the habituated gorilla families in Uganda that you will get to observe to make your safari experience quite rewarding. While participating in gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park, you will make your way to the four sectors of the park, for gorilla trekking in Mgahinga national park you will have the most rewarding experience hiking along the Virunga mountains in Uganda where you will access the habituated gorilla families.
Participate in chimpanzee trekking in kibale national park, chimpanzee trekking in Queen Elizabeth National Park and chimpanzee trekking in Budongo forest that will lead you to a number of habituated chimpanzee troops in the wild.
You can also participate in gorilla habituation in Uganda and get to observe how the gorillas in the wild are trained to get accustomed to human presence which will give you an amazing safari.