Uganda Safari is a simple term that is used to refer to the tours and travel experiences around Uganda the pearl of Africa to its tourist destinations. Uganda is one of the best safari destinations in Africa and is home to the endangered mountain gorillas as well as the source of the Nile. Uganda has national parks like Kidepo valley national park, Queen Elizabeth national park, Murchison falls national park, Mgahinga national park, Bwindi impenetrable national park, kibale forest national park among others which has the best world life encounter and one can visit the forests and have a game drive through the savannah. Uganda is also regarded as the undisclosed destination when it comes to safaris in Africa. Uganda has beautiful scenery and the best weather throughout the year. The Uganda safari is among the most delightful as well as adventurous experience to the nature lovers and is basically the best desired touring destination in Africa.
Uganda safaris include;
Gorilla trekking Safari: To trek these gorillas is an essential experience in Uganda. Uganda is home to over half of the mountain gorillas found in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga national park. Bwindi impenetrable national park is undoubtedly the best point in the entire world to enjoy the ultimate gorilla experience, the park habituate over 15 gorilla groups and each group can be visited by a maximum of 8 tourists per day.
Adventure and extreme sports safari: Uganda is fast becoming known as the adventure capital of East Africa with bungee jumping and extreme water sports in jinja, mountain climbing in the Rwenzori Mountains and Mount Elgon.
Sipi falls at Uganda safari: Sipi falls is one of Uganda’s most romantic and beautiful falls. There are three levels of falls but the two upper levels are fairly small compared with the main drop. Sipi falls is about 55km north of Mbale in the foothills of Mount Elgon and not far from the town of Kapchorwa. At sipi falls you can see the majestic and awesome mount Elgon above, the wide plains of East northern Uganda disappearing into the distance below. One can find small caves that can connect to Kenya, It is actually stunning information that these particular caves are too dark and those that aimed to pass through were killed by the animals, insects or they might miss out their ways in the dark caves.
National parks: Uganda is gifted in nature with 10 national parks with an even wider variety of animals, wildlife and amazingly scenic views. National parks include
- Murchison falls national park that is definitely the largest park in Africa. Murchison falls national park has abundant wildlife, scenic land scape and spectacular falls for which the park is named. The park has over 600 birds and mammal species which include elephants, giraffes, Uganda kobs, hippos, crocodiles among others.
- Kibale forest national park is known as the primate capital of the world due to its largely forested park and has a list of 13 primate species including Uganda’s largest population of chimpanzees.
- Bwindi impenetrable national park offers some of the finest montane forest birding in Africa and is a key destination for any birder visiting Uganda. Bwindi is a sanctuary for chimpanzees but most famous for its mountain gorilla population.
- Queen Elizabeth national park is referred to as the medley of wonders and Uganda’s most popular diverse conservation area.
- Kidepo valley national park lies in the rugged semi-arid valley of Karamoja province on the far northern border with Sudan. Kidepo valley also represents one of Africa’s most magnificent wilderness and big game favorite’s.
- Mgahinga national park is where gold meets silver though Uganda’s smallest park and covers just 38km.
- Lake Mburo national park is the smallest of the country’s savannah national parks and has countless jewels condensed with in her park borders.
- Mount Elgon national park is an extinct volcano that erupted million years ago the park is located in southwestern Uganda at a junction of several climatic and ecological zones.
- Rwenzori mountains national park is Africa’s highest point with snow-capped peaks not so far from the Equator line and is also known as the mountain of the moon.
Boat cruise safaris: A boat cruise in Uganda is a great way to explore the beauty of the pearl of Africa as you behold stunning views of nature near the abundant water bodies in Uganda. Boat cruise safaris in Uganda are mainly done in the kazinga channel in Queen Elizabeth national park, on lake victoria, River Nile, in Murchison falls national park the Uganda’s largest park. These boat cruise safaris in Uganda give tourists a chance to see various animals for example elephants, crocodiles, hippos among others.
Birdwatching: Uganda is home to over 1,050 bird species which can be found across a range of habitats from forests, swamps and agricultural lands, lakes and savannahs. The best birding spots in Uganda include Mamba bay wetland at Lake Victoria, Bwindi impenetrable national park, Murchison falls national park in Budongo Forest, Queen Elizabeth national park, Mgahinga gorilla national park, Semulik national park, Kibale national park, Rwenzori mountains national park, and Lake Mburo national park.
Cultural safaris: Cultural safaris in Uganda are a great Uganda safari component because Uganda is actually a diverse country with a count of 65 tribal groups as per the amended constitution of Uganda and migrants from different parts of Africa and the world. Cultural sites in Uganda include kasubi tombs and they are located 5km from Kampala capital city on kasubi hill, Igongo cultural center near Mbarara town, Kabale Arts center, Sezibwa falls, Namugongo shrine, Nakayima tree found in Mubende district, Nyero rock paints in Ngora, kabaka’s lake and Katereke prison among others. The cultural safaris aim at acquiring new knowledge and experience that meets the intellectual needs and individual growth of the traveler.
In conclusion, Uganda is an incredible place with lots of beauty and safaris that takes you to Uganda’s most alluring tourist destinations to discover unique features.